> 40~42 LCD TV Needed!!, 100hz Essential
Pumba
post Feb 29 2012, 21:06
Post #46

Elite member

Group: Members
Member No.: 14802

Actually research does help.
With TV's being what they are today as compared to the old tube types, you need to know what you are getting into.
If you are going to lay out a pile of cash on a screen that you will be watching a lot you MUST do at least some research. Granted prices have come down a lot in the last 4 - 5 years but still....
When I bought my first LCD, a Dynex it was about $ 550.00 Canadian vs $ 1,300.00 for a Sony. Was there a difference in quality I could actually see? Yes but I could not justify spending $ 750.00 more.
So this time I did my research and it paid off.

Dibrani - make your choice before going to the store. Then walk in and buy it. Your getting confused by what you "see".
You know you want
1- 42" LED
2 - 3D
3- only 3 choices #1- Panasonic # 2 - Samsung #3 LG in that order. These 3 manufacturers have the lowest failure rate, with top rated pictures. You can adjust the image so that is not a factor.
That only leaves price and what inputs each offers you. You can look that up on the internet. Then go buy it.
At the sane time buy yourself a big beer or bottle of wine and enjoy the picture and don't look back.

As for picture quality in a store "they do not adjust it" I have seen some real shit quality on Sony Panasonic etc. because they took it right out of the box and put it on display and the one next to it was a real nice picture right out of the box
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Lingwo
post Mar 1 2012, 10:02
Post #47

Elite member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 127

I didn't actually say research doesn't help and not do any, i said if you research too much you'll never buy anything because you'll always find something "better".

I agree some stores don't adjust the picture. My local PC world had these huge plasmas and LED TVs on show and when i looked at the back not a single HDMI cable plugged in, just a Scart!

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Dibrani
post Mar 1 2012, 13:19
Post #48

Elite member

Member No.: 28859

HEY MATES. !

I wanted a 40-42 inch TV with LED. 3D is just if I get it for the price thats in my Budget.
Guess what. Just bought a LED TV. I just went in the store and asked the salesman, Where are your LED TV:s And he showed my a Phillips,a Toshiba and something ells.

In the end i bought the Toshiba 42SL863N. Just had it now for 2 Hours but dont know really. Ice Age locks quite ok on it. The Starwars did not have sound, The picture was OK.

Anyway, the best thing is, That i can return it withing 30days, And pick another TV or get my money back. smile.gif The TV costed 748 euro. or 998 USD.

What do you guys think.. Was this a bad buy or not ??? unsure.gif
+Quote Post
Lingwo
post Mar 1 2012, 14:38
Post #49

Elite member

I would have gone with the one of the three manufacturers Pumba mentioned Panasonic, Samsung or LG.

My parents have a 42" Toshiba and it is all very basic and the picture isn't the best on it and overall just looks really cheap, plus options wise for adjusting the picture, there wasn't much there.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Pumba
post Mar 1 2012, 18:16
Post #50

Elite member

Member No.: 14802

If you are happy then that is what really matters.
Congrats!
+Quote Post
Dibrani
post Mar 2 2012, 08:10
Post #51

Elite member

Member No.: 28859

QUOTE(Lingwo @ Mar 1 2012, 15:38) *

I would have gone with the one of the three manufacturers Pumba mentioned Panasonic, Samsung or LG.

My parents have a 42" Toshiba and it is all very basic and the picture isn't the best on it and overall just looks really cheap, plus options wise for adjusting the picture, there wasn't much there.

Hmm, Your might be right there about those other brands, I might take a look on those to. wink.gif

If you are happy then that is what really matters.
Congrats!

Yeah, you are right there, I still got the possibility to take it back if I am not happy with it thumbsup.gif

Have a great weekend on you mates now drunk.gif
+Quote Post
Lingwo
post Mar 2 2012, 09:59
Post #52

Elite member

Yeah that is true, if you're happy with it then that is all that matters as you'll be the one watching it. Plus at the end of the day most of the time you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between one TV to the next. It is only when you get the magnifying glass out and really look.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 09:56 PM